Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Lord turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted." Psalm 25:16

My devotion for this evening was called: "Lonely or Alone?"

David's psalms always speak to me. He cries out to God in such a real and tangible way. Sometimes I use his words to pray, simply because they say exactly what I'm feeling. It's ironic that my devotion ended up being about loneliness tonight because it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

I have friends, family, a church family, and many people I enjoy being around, but sometimes even in the midst of the crowd, I feel lonely. This devotional says that often single people feel ashamed of being lonely, but why should that be the case? Loneliness is perfectly normal. Even Jesus felt it during the last days of his life on Earth.

One thing I know for certain, I have never felt abandoned by God. He has always been there for me, even in my darkest times. So even though I feel lonely and even mildly depressed about my lack of a love life right now, I know that my Father is going to help see me through it. And maybe one day, when I am ready, my Father will send that special someone my way.

2 comments:

  1. He sent you that special someone to love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He most certainly did! And I couldn't be happier about it!

    ReplyDelete