Thursday, January 05, 2012

No-spend update: Week 1

Hahaha... it's not going as well as I would have hoped.  Well actually, we are still following the rules, but we are spending more money than I would like.  I'm still sick, you see.  Remember that this illness actually started on December 12 and I went to the doctor that day, got antibiotics, and took them as directed.  10 days later, when the antibiotics were gone, I was feeling a little better and thought I was recovering but it hit me like a ton of bricks again a few days later.  So back to the doctor I went, this time I got a stronger antibiotic and some other medication.  I'm taking cold medicine too, but it's over the counter stuff.  So the doc visit and meds are expenses I didn't really expect in January, but other than that, we're doing pretty well.

We haven't really spent money on anything "fun" this week, mostly because I've been sick.  And the interesting thing is, we have A LOT of free entertainment coming up, so hopefully not a lot of spending in the next couple of weeks for that.  My boss gave out free tickets to the godaddy.com Bowl on Sunday, so we are most likely going to that, and we got a gift card and some coupons for Olive Garden, so that's this week's date night.  (Friday, yay!)

Can we keep it up?  No-spend is harder than it looks, but I think we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment