Monday, December 18, 2006

Fake Christmas

We had fake Christmas over the weekend. At least, that's what I decided to call it. My sister and her husband are taking their kids to New York to visit his family for Christmas this year, which means we won't get to do our traditional Christmas Eve dinner and opening of the presents. So we did it this past Saturday. Now it feels like Christmas is over and I'm kind of sad. But actually, we had a really great time. The kids loved their gifts. Noah especially loved his mp3 player and the "wired for sound" hoodie that I got him. He had the headphones in his ears pretty much all weekend after unwrapping it.

On Sunday, I took Noah to see Eragon, which was actually a really good movie. I haven't read the book, but I might now. Of course, this is the same thing that happened with Harry Potter. I saw one of the movies (the second, actually) and immediately decided to read the books. Now I, like so many others, cannot wait for the seventh book. I guess it's about time for a new obsession... lol.

Today was a fairly quiet day at work, which was good. I have a grant due next week, so tomorrow I'm going to start writing that. I'm doing some research because we want to start up a program to give out food to senior adults. We don't have a specific program to address the nutritional needs of low income seniors yet, so I think it would be a great addition to our current services. This is part of what I love about my job. When I got to create a sort of template for a nutrition education program and then the grant proposal was accepted, it really felt great! Now we are implementing the program and it's even more exciting. It's awesome to create something out of nothing and then see it in action. I think next year is going to be very interesting at work.

I have been thinking about my goals for 2007. I know I want to do more next year than I did this year, especially with my writing. I'll have to really think hard about what I want to accomplish so I can post it here at the end of this year.

1 comment:

  1. I was debating the Eragon thing, but you weren't wrong about Serenity/Firefly so I guess you can be trusted (for a chick, I mean).

    ReplyDelete