Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cleaning house

I think it's time to clean house, literally and figuratively. I always feel this way this time of year. For example, my bedroom is a complete and total mess. I'm usually a very neat person, but for some reason, there are clothes and books everywhere. The rest of the house looks great, but my bedroom is where I spend most of my time, so it's the real problem. There is clutter all over the place and I can't seem to figure out where to put all of it. A few months ago I organized my closet, but never really got to the rest of the room. Now, as I look at the clutter, I want to make it all go away.

My brain feels the same way right now, full of clutter with nowhere to put everything. How do you clean your brain? I've tried yoga, cardio, writing things down, and nothing seems to help right now. Usually the above mentioned methods do actually work, but for some reason they're not working now. Maybe the knitting will help. I'll try that later, after I'm finished cleaning this room a little.

I had a great day at work today. I finished the grant I've been working on, which is good. This program is even more important than ever now that the president's budget has a proposed cut in government help for seniors who don't have enough money for food. I'm going to be doing some advocacy in that area in the coming months, so I'm learning as much as I can about it. I hope we get this grant, because it could mean a lot of help for seniors in our area.

In other news, I'm still plotting out Deadly Council. I've got most of the preliminary stuff written, but it's time to start leaving clues to who the killer is, but I don't have that information yet. There has to be a killer for there to be a murder, lol. The YA series continues to play around in my brain. I'm going to start making notes about it. I think it could be good, but I've never written fantasy before, so it'll be interesting to try.

I started the "A Picture A Day" project yesterday. I'm really going to try to keep it up. I think it'll be cool to look back over the pictures. At least, it'll be cool when I have more than 2 pictures on there, lol. I think that's all I have to say. I'm off to get rid of the clutter...

No comments:

Post a Comment