Monday, November 13, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 13

Current wordcount: 30,000
Today's wordcount: 3,367

Time spent writing: 2 hours
Time spent on NaNo Boards: 1 hour

Today's soundtrack: Snow Patrol and Fall Out Boy
Today's mood: Great!

A great day at work and a great day of writing. The story is going well. I stopped right at 30,000 words, right in the middle of a sentence, just because I wanted to have an even wordcount for once. Now I'm ahead by several days, which is great, considering that I won't be able to write all weekend. Since I've finished for the day and I have a little time before I have to go to bed, I'm going to play The Sims 2 without feeling guilty. Yes, I could write more, but I deserve a break! My NaNo report card says I'll be finished on November 22 at this pace, but it doesn't take the weekend into account, so I'll probably be finished around November 25 or so, much like last year. Some people treat NaNo like a race. I don't like to do that. Slow and steady wins the race, right? NaNo is good for me because it forces me to write every day, even when I don't feel like it. They always say the best way to get into the habit of doing something is to do it for a month, so this year I'm using NaNo to get into the habit of writing every day. Maybe this time it'll stick...

No comments:

Post a Comment