Sunday, May 07, 2006

What a weekend!

I spent the weekend away from home, which is why I haven't posted. It was a great weekend, though. My friend Zach graduated from college on Saturday, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was such a special moment for him, because he's been in school so long, and has worked so hard. I'm so proud of him!

So he had this little graduation party at his house after the ceremony, and guess who I ran into there? My ex husband. How strange is that? Well, not so strange since I knew they were friends and sort of thought I might run into him. But here's the funny thing. I wasn't uncomfortable and it wasn't strange at all. I think I've changed a lot since all that happened. I'm much more confident, much more comfortable with who I am than I was then. I'm proud of my accomplishments and I know that everything that happened needed to happen to get me where I am today, which is a really great place. We talked for quite a long time and I came to remember why we were friends. I moved past the anger a long time ago, and I don't have feelings for him anymore, but it was nice to talk like we used to.

I spent the weekend with Chris, which is always great. He's in a relationship right now and it's always great to see his eyes light up when he talks about that special someone. We decided to start looking into going to Paris and London near the end of this year. It would be the birthday trip to end all birthday trips! I did some research today and the airfare is actually quite cheap, so I really believe we can swing it. It's something I've always wanted to do, and I want to do it soon. So that's something to look forward to! Imagine the pictures I'll bring back from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment