Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Naming of Characters

So I thougt I would blog the progress of my NaNoWriMo venture, just to have a record of the insanity. Before November starts, I can do any preliminary work I need to do on the novel, I just can't actually write a word of it. So I'm going to start today, working on preliminary things, such as deciding which idea to use, sketching a rough outline, and naming the characters. I always have the hardest time naming characters. It's actually the hardest part of the process for me.

In other news, my littlest nephew, Kohl, just turned 2 this week and we are having a birthday party for him today. I'll post pictures of it when I can.

Oh, and I took my parents to see Serenity last night. They loved it. Move over, Corpse Bride, Wallace and Grommitt, Flight Plan and all other movies that have been coming out. The toughest critics in the world (my parents) liked Serenity! My dad said it was just as good as the original Star Wars trilogy. How about that? He's a huge fan of the trilogy, so that's a big compliment.

Anyway, I've got to go clean up a bit before the party. I'll be back later with (hopefully) my decisions about NaNoWriMo. It's going to be fun, no matter what I choose to do. I love novel writing month!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    You know, I have always thought a good name for a hero would be Andrew... he is mine... :) amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, thanks for the comment. Andrew is a good name. I'll have to look at that.

    The book I'm almost finished with has the names of all three of my sister's children in it. I had previously made the mistake of naming a building at a college after her daughter, Hannah, and my nephew, Noah got really upset that his name wasn't in there. So I changed the name of the kid in the story to Noah. And, of course, I had to find a way to use the baby's name too, so there's a character named Kohl now too. Kids are so funny!

    ReplyDelete