Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Well, we survived the storm...

We survived without any damage, but this was the worst thing I've ever seen. The damage I've seen on TV from Mississippi and Louisiana is just unreal. It's almost like it didn't happen at all. The coast of MS has just been destroyed. And the people of New Orleans that are still trapped in their homes must just be feeling so desperate right now. So scary and horrible.

My biggest concern now is gas. I heard we are about to get enough fuel to last us 5 days and that there is no plan after that. The possibility scares me to death! I can't imagine how horrible it would be to not be able to buy gas for work. How do you call in for that? I may have to consider telecommuting for awhile until the gas situation changes. I hope my job allows that.

2 comments:

  1. My mom had to call in today because she couldn't get gas... We're running out up here, too. It's crazy. Gas theft has increased dramatically as prices soar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over here in FL we are having serious gas issues as well...I had to wait in line for over 1 hour at the only station on this side of town with gas. Then I could only get $10 because they ran out as I was pumping. I am now on empty again and do not know if I will be able to find any in time to go to work. Add to that the fact that at my job (UWF) they are imposing all kinds of cut backs in relation to the shortages, like making us work 4, ten-hour days and doing some telecommuting.

    ReplyDelete