Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tropical Storm Cindy.. and beyond

My mother keeps making jokes about how this is going to be a bad tropical storm, simply because it shares her name. Luckily, it looks like it will be no more than a thunderstorm with above-average wind speed. The one I'm concerned about is Tropical Storm Dennis. It has lots of time to form into a monster hurricane, and it looks like it might arrive on our doorstep just as Rhea and I are getting ready to fly out of Baton Rouge for our trip to California. If this stupid storm ruins my vacation, I'm going to be very upset. I'm not sure if work will require me to be available or if they will let me go ahead and take my vacation. I might have to be here to help implement our disaster relief plans. If I miss out on LA, you will hear the biggest rant ever!

If you're keeping up with the storm or just want to know what's going on, you can go here. They have a great tropical weather page and their forcast is almost always accurate. Except for that eastern jog that Ivan took last year. No one predicted that. So anyway, everyone on the Gulf Coast, buckle your seat belts. It looks like it's going to be a "bumpy" couple of weeks, weather-wise.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Hey Honey! Love your site. I just wanted to say to anyone who reads this... Anita is the best dang lady in the South!!! (And that is saying alot since I live here too!)
    Update on Andrew. He is still perfect of course. At three, he can make his bed and put away his clothes and sing every word to "I love Rock and Roll" while dancing furiously. He can swim and read up to five letter words. I know, I know, Proud Mama.
    Love you Anita. From Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, he sounds so great! I'd love to see him.. and you.. sometime! And thanks for the post. You're an awesome gal too! Keep in touch!
    Love, Anita

    ReplyDelete