Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Memories (baby dolls)

The first Christmas I can remember was when my sister and I both got dolls.  I don't know how old we were or what kind of dolls they were, but I remember getting a "baby doll" and being its mommy.  I can remember giving him a name and treating him like a real baby for something like a year after getting him.

I felt like a mommy - like I had someone to take care of who depended on me.  I didn't cut corners either, I changed and fed him when it was needed and I rocked him to sleep every night.  It was such a special gift, because I believe it woke up a maternal instinct within me (even as young as I was) that has lived on even to today.  I still love taking care of people, and if someone would let me, I would rock and sing them to sleep every night.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment