Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Renewed Commitments

I am renewing some commitments.  These have fallen by the wayside with all the theatre obsessions of the past year and with other things to do with my time, but I need to carve out time to do these things again. 

First off, I need to get back to exercising every day.  I was on such a great roll there for awhile and I just stopped.  One great thing about this renewed commitment is that I can do this while spending time with the amazing Jon, since we have decided to start going to the gym together.  We both want to get healthier and doing it together is a great way to make sure we keep doing it!  So yay for that!  And of course, on the days we do not go, I always have my dear friend, the elliptical. 

Another commitment is to my writing.  I've been doing a little of it, but not nearly as much as I want.  Also, I want to start reading again.  I have a pile of books that I want to read.  People keep recommending them and I write them down, but I never read them!  Maybe I should join a book club or something.

I have been knitting a little lately, which is great.  I'm kind of itching to start a new project, but I know if I do that, it just means I'll be working on the log cabin blanket even longer!  I really want to get that project finished so I can start using it.  Maybe it'll be done by next winter...  I went through some of my magazines last night and found some great quick summer projects.  I may have to try a few of those.  I still haven't tried a shirt or sweater or something like that.  Maybe I should...

So those are some things I'm going to work on a little more in the coming months.  I think I can balance those things with spending time with Jon and my friends.  In fact, I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment