Thursday, January 07, 2010

Balance

As I reflect more and more about the past year, I am coming to an important realization.  I'm not a very balanced person.  No, this doesn't mean I'm unbalanced in the mental health sense - although I'm sure I have friends who would say that is the case!  What it means is that tend to throw everything into whatever I'm doing and neglect everything else for that one thing until I crash and burn.  This is a habit I would like to break this year by achieving balance in all areas of my life.  So the best way to do that (I think) is to list all the parts of life that I think are important and figure out how to balance them so that nothing is neglected.  So here they are, in no particular order:

Relationships
Spiritual
Theatre
Writing
Knitting
Reading
Career
Learning
Recreation/Entertainment
Exercise

I guess some of these speak for themselves, huh?  : )  So how does one achieve balance with this many things going on??  Well, by limiting the time spent on any one of these, maybe?  Everything in moderation, right?  That's my new motto.  I think it's a great thing to live with passion, but an overwhelming passion for one thing can really overshadow other important things in your life and can just take over.  So the goal is to achieve balance so that no one thing takes over any of the others.  It'll be interesting to see if I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment