Monday, July 20, 2009

two shows!

I am so excited about this! The auditions went well. Or at least, I assume they went well because I got calls from both directors on the same day last week offering me parts in both shows! So in September, I will be playing the part of Cecily in The Odd Couple and in October I will be playing the part of Cherry in The Beaux' Strategem. Both directors are being so great about working around each other's schedules. I am so looking forward to working with these directors. I've been wanting to work with both of them since I got back into the local theatre community, so this is a great opportunity for me!

I have my Beaux script already and will be getting my Odd Couple script tomorrow night at the readthrough. I'll take both of them to Staples on Wednesday to get them spiral bound because it's just easier to work with them that way, and then I'll start learning lines! My goal is to be off book on The Odd Couple first - as soon as I possibly can so that the rehearsals can be as productive as possible, and then start working on Beaux. I can't wait to start rehearsing for both! They are so different and I love both stories so much that I'm sure it's going to be a BLAST!

Needless to say, I'm going to be very busy in the coming months! But it's the very best kind of busy. I'm getting back on stage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment