Tuesday, May 12, 2009

life stuff

Since most of my recent posts have had to do with the show, I felt like maybe I should update the life stuff a little too.  Of course, if you are my friend on Facebook, you've probably already heard this bit of news.  I am moving!  Closer to work and into the "big city" of Mobile, where there are theatres, restaurants, and other diversions just waiting for me to discover them.  But the great thing is, I'm moving in with a friend who I really like and get along with very well, and who is extremely interested in my current writing project and is encouraging me to keep working on it.  I think that's just what I need to get more done on it - someone who will push me to work on it every day.  I push myself, of course, but having another voice there asking me if I've written anything will be helpful.

Work is going okay now.  We had a bit of an upset - some restructuring - but everyone still has a job and things are running smoothly again.  I've found a renewed passion for the job and am really excited to do some new things in the next few weeks, especially with advocacy and media relations, two of my favorite things.  I'm also implementing an advertising campaign that we got some grant money for, so that's pretty awesome.  I planned the whole thing and am now watching it happen.  I kinda love that!  

On the relationship front - I can't say much but I can say that I'm happy right now for the first time in a long time.  I'm happy because there are possibilities that I didn't think there would be pretty much ever again.  I had given up and something made me realize that it's not too late and I'm not destined to be alone forever.  It has done amazing things for the self esteem, I have to say!

Overall, things just seem to be going really well for me right now.  I'm happy, and that is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment