Monday, June 19, 2006

A time to rest

Bible School ended Friday night, and I can't say I miss it. Working all day and then going straight to a class full of preschoolers is not my idea of a relaxing time. It made me admire my mother so much for working every day with preschoolers. I don't know how she does it.

That's not to say we didn't have a great time. We really did. Small children are beautiful and have great personalities. I've just decided I'm not good with them in large quantities. I'm better with the one on one interaction when it comes to very young people. They were delightful, but exhausting.

This weekend was supposed to be about rest, but it wasn't. Rhea and I went to the beach on Saturday, which was very nice. I got a little pink, despite the SPF 30 I slathered on the minute we sat down on our towels. It was an interesting experience, lying on the beach beside my Barbie doll-shaped best friend. Her in her bikini and me in my one-piece bathing suit (but still wearing my shorts) It made me seriously reconsider how much I like french fries and soda. It was just what I needed to motivate me to stop eating fast food and start working out again. All that time with the cast on my leg and then through the recovery after getting the cast off made me gain more weight. It's time to work on getting rid of that and more.

Other than that, it was an uneventful weekend. Yesterday I bought the first season of House, on a whim. I've only seen one episode of it, but everyone I know raves about it, so I took a chance. I'm going to watch a couple of episodes tonight when I get home, I think. Then I'll spend a few hours writing. Not terribly exciting, but that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment