Monday, June 05, 2006

A long wait for a new post

It's been awhile since I've gone that long without posting. Sorry about that! I have no excuse other than that I've been obsessively playing The Sims 2 and working on my writing for NaNoWriSum. I've been doing most of it longhand, so I don't have a word count yet, but the new book is going well. It was really difficult to start due to the subject matter, but I managed to get it started and now it's flowing pretty smoothly.

This past weekend was pretty relaxing. I spent most of it playing The Sims 2. Like I said, obsessed!!! What happened was, I made the characters of my first book (the one I finished last year) into Sims and have been playing with them, watching them interact with each other and living their lives. All went well and pretty much according to my book's plot until Summer decided she wanted to have 10 children! And then she had twins. She now has 5 kids and I think I'm cutting her off. Three of her sons are in college and one is married. But she keeps thinking about having more kids. It's crazy! That's one thing about that game, you can get sucked in and can't stop playing.

Today I took a little trip to Thomasville, AL to see one of our summer lunch sites. It was so great to see all those kids enjoying the lunches! I love getting out into the field and seeing the result of all our work. It's rewarding in a way that I can't begin to describe. (and I'm a writer!)

Tomorrow will be another busy day. It's National Hunger Awareness Day, so we have a lot of events and interesting things planned. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment