Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear Nathan (5 months old)

Dear Nathan,

Look at that face!  What a smile!  You captivate me, and everyone else who comes into contact with you.  So what have you been up to lately?  Well, after your 4 month doctor's appointment, we started giving you some baby food.  You love eating "real" food and have very fun reactions to things you like and don't like.  So far, your favorites are sweet potatoes and carrots for veggies, and you love apples and bananas for fruits.

It is so much fun feeding you and seeing what you will enjoy.  You sometimes grab the spoon away from us and try to feed yourself.  I know it's probably very frustrating that you can't get the spoon into your mouth the right way, but I promise you will get the hang of it.  I can see that you are already trying to grow up really quickly, and while I am happy you are developing properly and are learning the things you need to learn, it also makes me a little sad to see that you are getting older.  I finally understand what moms mean when they say their children grew up too fast.  I look forward to every new stage in your life, but I say goodbye to each one with a little tear in my eyes.  Before I know it, you'll be starting school, then graduating, then going to college, then getting married, then having a baby of your own.  And yes, I think about these things.  What are you going to be like?  I hope I do a good job raising you and you turn out to be a great kid, then a wonderful man.  I will do my best to make that happen.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment