Monday, April 05, 2010

Sunday Scribblings: Mentors

#209 - Mentors


Have you had a mentor in your life? Would you like one? For what? Have you been one? How? Everyone could use a little more help in their lives, can you see where you could be a mentor now?
 
This is a little late, but I wanted to do it.  It'll probably be a little jumbled like most of my journal/scribblings posts are, but that's okay! 
 
I have had several mentors in my life.  My mother is the most important.  She taught by example how to be a good woman.  She and my dad have helped me to know what makes a great relationship and I intend to follow their example.  I've had mentors during high school and at college.  The intern supervisor and academic advisor I had in college was a great mentor to me.  My first boss was too.  I've had several mentors at church as well, and in the theatre.
 
Have I ever been a mentor?  I like to think I have been.  I've supervised interns before and I hope I actually managed to teach them something and I hope they looked up to me a little.  I would love to be a mentor to someone.  In fact, I've been thinking very seriously about becoming a Big Sister so that I can mentor a girl in my community.  I need to really check into that.  I think everyone needs a mentor sometimes, and the great thing about that is you can have one and be one at the same time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment