Thursday, June 25, 2009

be nice to me or you'll take your bow in the dark

I find tech to be a very fun thing, especially since the last show was completely on me - whether it soared or failed was on my shoulders. Now the only thing I have to worry about is whether or not the right dimmer is up at the right time. And the lights are simple for this show, so I have plenty of time to knit and just enjoy watching the acting.

The show is "A Nice Family Gathering" and is at Theatre 98. I'll be the first person to use the newly renovated light/sound booth, which is much larger and more comfortable. I love it so far. We open July 10, but have had several tech rehearsals because one of the leads is out of town this week, so the director wanted everything to be ready ahead of time.

It's a great show and a wonderful cast. I'm going to really enjoy doing lights and sound for them.

Upcoming theatre opportunities include auditions for The Beaux' Strategem at Theatre 98 and The Odd Couple at Chickasaw Civic Theatre. There are some others, but I'm just trying out for those for now. Beaux has about 18 characters and is being directed by my favorite person at Th98, so I'm hoping I'll get a role in it. There's a character named Cherry. I think I would enjoy that one. But then, The Odd Couple is also a great show and the director is a friend from way back who I have recently reconnected with, so either experience would be great! I'm reading both plays to prepare for the auditions a little, something I've never actually done before, so I'm excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment