Sunday, January 25, 2009

the show goes on

"Duck Hunter Shoots Angel" is wildly successful! We opened Friday night to a sold out crowd, and every show in the run is also sold out. We even added a new show and it's sold out too! That new show is tonight, which means we have two shows today, which as far as I know has never happened. Awesome, right?

I've been avoiding writing this here because I actually had someone I wanted to tell before he read it here - yes, Chris, I'm talking about you!

The director for the next show had some personal problems and had to drop out, so they asked me to do it! It'll be my first time directing and I'm really, really excited! The show is "Enchanted April" and it's a lovely story with wonderful characters. They had originally asked me to direct it, but I declined because I thought I wouldn't be ready, but this stage managing experience has given me the confidence I needed to feel like I can do it! I'll have lots of support - a wonderful stage manager, an amazing set designer, and the best costume designer we have, not to mention a lot of people who are trying out because they love the show or because they want to do a British comedy set in the early 20s. I think the hardest part is going to be casting the thing, because so many people I've worked with before are trying out, and I want to be objective and pick the very best people!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    You are the PERFECT choice for something like ENCHANTED APRIL. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... I'm so glad I had the intuition to call you before reading your blog posting that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Devon! I'm so excited about this show. Auditions are Friday!

    ReplyDelete