Friday, August 15, 2008

my fault!

Boy, yesterday was a bad day all around.  The story about the show ran in the paper and two of the actresses names were misspelled.  Totally my fault.  Typos and trusting information that I shouldn't have trusted... rookie mistakes in the PR game.  I could chalk it up to being stressed and crazy because the show's about to open, but I'm not going to do that.  I didn't do my job right and now two of the ladies in the show are disappointed because their names were misspelled in the paper.  I don't blame them - they have a right to be upset.  I've sent a correction to the ones that haven't printed the release yet.  Hopefully they will do something about it.  I also sent an email to the entire cast and crew making a public apology for misspelling the two names.  I feel just awful about it.

And then last night's rehearsal didn't go well for me at all.  Everyone else was exceptional, but I stumbled over lines, dropped props, tripped over my skirt and broke character during an important scene.  I was a mess.  I think it was because I broke one of my rules and was thinking about other things.  For one thing, I was upset about the misspelled names.  Also, work has been fairly stressful.  Add to that the fact that I haven't been sleeping well and you have a disaster waiting to happen.  I'm determined to focus tonight.  We run with lights for the first time.  I hope we see some magic!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    You made a mistake. You admitted it and fixed it. It will blow over.

    Drop the mistakes and focus on the show.

    You'll be fine, even though you feel bad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things have a way of smoothing out just at the last second. They do say, "bad rehearsal, good performance," after all!"

    p.s. I found you through Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete