Saturday, May 24, 2008

Christmas throw

My aunt gave me a bunch of Christmas yarn leftover from a beautiful granny square throw she made, and I finally figured out what to do with it. This is the beginning of that project, which will eventually be a small throw made of 16 blocks and a border. Here are the first four blocks, finished and assembled:




The other blocks won't have the leaves in the corners, but the colors will stay the same. I did a sketch of it and was very satisfied with the effect, so hopefully it will turn out nice. I started this project for me, but my mom is so in love with it that I think I might actually give it to her for her birthday this year, which is right before Christmas. I know it's a little crazy to be working on a Christmas throw right now, but you have to start early to get a project like this finished, right? Anyway, I'm pretty proud of this center square and I think the rest of it is going to look great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment