Monday, April 21, 2008

Argosy Blanket

I frogged my first sweater because I decided I didn't like the yarn after all. It was pooling in a must unusual way and I couldn't imagine wearing it. All is well, though - because I found a very cool asymmetrical blanket pattern that I really like, so I've decided to use the yarn to make it instead. Who cares if a blanket pools, right? It just has more character if it does. Anyway, the pattern is so much fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when it is complete. Here's a picture of my progress so far:
I am really enjoying the little squares and I love how you add one to each side by casting on - it's just enough to keep the pattern interesting, and the yarn overs are a great break in the stockinette stitch pattern. So yeah, I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad I frogged the sweater. It's not sweater weather anymore anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! The debt-reduction plan is a good one. Just remember to keep *some* money for fun (DVD rentals, movies, a dinner out every few weeks, YARN) - if you're miserable about Saving Every Penny, it's like a diet: if it's TOO strict, you're more likely to fall off plan and "binge". (Mind you, this may just be me, but I do better when I know I *can* go play if I want to... knowing I *can* makes it easier to resist doing so.)

    Anyway, good luck, go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no worries there! I've worked some "fun money" into the savings budget and it should be enough for some recreation and yarn shopping!

    ReplyDelete