Monday, March 17, 2008

An Irish Blessing

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! In honor of my Irish roots, I'm posting this blessing to all who may stumble upon this blog today.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

We sang a lovely arrangement of this blessing when I was in high school concert and show choir. We always ended every concert with it. I absolutely loved the arrangement and have loved the sentiment since first hearing it. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to wear green!

1 comment:

  1. That is, hands down, my favorite of the Irish blessings. Our choir used to sing it as the postlude for services, long ago.

    I'll have to see if we've still got the sheet music for it. (If not, as long as one person per voice remembers what they did, we can work it.)

    Thanks for the reminder, and hope you had a happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete