Friday, December 21, 2007

knitting milestone: starting first sweater

Yes, I'm starting my first sweater. I picked a relatively easy pattern from the January 2008 issue of Creative Knitting. It's called the Ever-Cross Sweater. The pattern calls for a novelty yarn that I didn't like, but I was browsing through my local Hobby Lobby and found this Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist yarn that really caught my eye. Lo and behold, it was on sale for 99 cents a skein, so I bought enough for the sweater and am casting on tonight! Here's a picture of the pattern and the yarn. There will be progress photos as I go through the process, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Girl, good luck with that sweater thing...I have not been brave enough to try yet. I like your peanuts theme by the way:) I love Snoopy:)

    Ang
    LOTR Group
    Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:08 AM

    That's very pretty! Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete