Monday, December 05, 2005

National Novel Writing Year

Well, I enjoyed National Novel Writing month so much, that I decided to challenge myself even further. I need to maintain the discipline and the momentum from November, and the best way to do that is to continue to challenge myself to write every day. So I've set a goal for next year, beginning in January and ending in December, to write 250,000 words. Of course, 50,000 of those will be in November. So I'm going to break it up like this: two 100,000 word novels (books 1 and 2 of the Deadlines series) and then a 50,000 word novel in November. The great thing about this schedule is that I'll be able to edit as I go along because it's nowhere near the amount of words per day as NaNoWriMo.

So anyway, here's to a year of insanity and great creative projects. On Jan. 1, I will be starting "Deadly Council: A Deadlines Mystery"

Here we go again!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I'll be looking for it. Every year I resolve to write every day. In 2006, I intend to keep that resolution (with a few days off here and there for rest, lol)

    I have come to the realization that books don't write themselves and if I'm serious about becoming a professional writer, I need to get into the habit of writing every day (or as close to every day as possible.)

    ReplyDelete