Friday, August 14, 2015

Memoirs Made Easy

I've often thought about writing down my life story.  Of course, I still have some living to do, but it's something I've been really thinking about lately.

This looks like an excellent resource to make that happen.  "Memoir Writing Made Easy" is a book by Gail Woodard, with Dudley Court Press.

The book is a great resource for anyone who wants to write down the story of their life, even if they have never written a story before.  The exercises are simple and quick, but very effective.

It takes a step by step approach to writing your own life stories, starting with brainstorming and moving on from there.  There's also a great section on how to organize your stories - I had no idea there were so many different ways to organize memoirs!

This generation is losing something valuable - the time we used to spend talking with each other.  I remember sitting at my grandmother's house on Sunday afternoons after church and listening to her talk about her life as a child and a young woman.  We don't have that anymore, because even when we are visiting with each other, we're distracted by technology and everything else in the world.  Writing down your memoirs is a way to guarantee your story lives on in a Legacy Book that you can pass to your children and grandchildren.

This book is an instant download that costs $27.  Having previewed the book, I have to say I think it's worth it for anyone who wants to write their memoirs, but is unsure how to do it.  This book takes the guesswork out of it and makes it easy, just like the title says!

No comments:

Post a Comment