Monday, June 15, 2015

Excited about "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee

If you are as bookish as I am, chances are you've heard about this (and even if you aren't bookish, since it's pretty big news!) new book.  Raised in the South, of course "To Kill a Mockingbird" was a book I read early and often.  As with any other book by an Alabama author, I studied it closely, being an aspiring author myself.  And now we have another fantastic work by Harper Lee, "Go Set a Watchman".  Seriously, I can't wait. 

In fact, I just found out I can pre-order the book and get something extra, so I'm extra excited!  Check this out.  Ol' Curiosities & Book Shoppe, a bookstore in Monroeville, Alabama (Harper Lee's hometown) is running a very special offer.  This description of the offer is from their website:

SPECIAL OFFER FOR THOSE WHO PRE-ORDER: To commemorate the special occasion of Harper Lee's new book Go Set a Watchman, we are going to be providing certificates of authenticity and embossing the title page of this hard-cover first batch of first editions we get here at Ol' Curiosities and Book Shoppe. We want you to have a one-of-kind special edition that signifies that your copy came straight from Ms. Lee's hometown of Monroeville, Alabama. This service will be free of charge to anyone who pre-orders Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee through us. These first edition books from Monroeville, AL, will go fast, so don't miss out!

This is so cool, y'all.  A first edition from her hometown!  You can bet I'm going to be pre-ordering mine.  You can use this link to get directly to the offer - either in hardback, paperback, or audiobook!

http://ocbookshoppe.com/pre-order-go-set-a-watchman-here.html

The book will be released on July 14.  Pre-order your first edition now!  I know I'm going to - right this minute.   

No comments:

Post a Comment