Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Creative Recharge

I don't know about you, but I find when I'm busy doing creative work, sometimes I have to stop and take a break.  It's important to recharge.  Here are some ways I like to recharge when I've reached a creative block.

Games
I had been playing games on my phone, but that requires a download for each different game, and then I'm sitting in front of a computer and holding my phone at the same time.  Then someone showed me a site that has a cool collection of games that I can use when it's time for a creative recharge.  It's called funbrain Games.  Their goal is to provide fun and relaxation with a variety of games on a single site. 

You don't have to go anywhere else to find lots of different games to play because you can find it all on funbrain!  From arcade style to the kind of games you may have downloaded in the past, this site has it all. Playing games is a great way to take a step back and work your brain in a different way.

Arts and Crafts
Another way I love to recharge is to color.  Yes, you heard me right.  There are lots of adult coloring books out there just for this purpose.  You can break out your colored pencils or fine-tip markers or pens and have a blast creating something beautiful.  Coloring is great for mental relaxation.  Along the same lines, crafting does the same thing for me.  I'm always happy to break out the hook and some yarn when I need a creative break. 

Meditation
Let's talk about meditation a little bit.  Just taking a mental break and clearing your mind helps.  Listening to calming music and not thinking about anything can get the creative juices flowing again.  Focusing on a single word or image can help you come up with creative solutions to your problem.

Exercise
And last but certainly not least, get moving!  Exercise is a great way to recharge your creativity - and with an added bonus of making you healthier and happier (yay, endorphins!)  So get up and get moving, even for a few minutes.  It will make a world of difference.

Those are just a few things I like to do when I need a creative recharge.  What are some things you do?  Let's share our ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment